Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install
Date
Re: XA registry entries are missing from 64-bit install  ("Inoue, Hiroshi" <inoue@tpf.co.jp>)
List pgsql-odbc
On 06/12/2014 02:02 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:

> Because msdtc process seems a 64bit application, 64bit pgxalib.dll
> should be registered even when 32bit applications use MSDTC support.
> The current way of registration isn't appropriate and 64bit installer
> would have to register the entry beforehand.

OK, so if I understand this right, it might be helpful to have
pgenlist.dll expose a function that's callable with rundll32 to create
the registry entries. Call it, say, registerxa().

Then the registry entry creation code currently in
EnlistInDtc_1pipe(...) could be factored out so it's callable as part of
EnlistInDtc_1pipe(...) or via the new entry point.

The installer can then invoke

    rundll32 pgenlist.dll,registerxa

to create the appropriate entries.

Reasonable?

Or is it better to just create/update the registry entries directly
using the MSI?

Looking at the current code, it appears that it tries to overwrite any
existing value in that subkey if XA enlistment fails. So it should also
"upgrade" existing entries. Right?