Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: to_char, support for EEEE format
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom, please, can you write your opinion on my last proposal - print
> ### with raise warning.

The idea of printing a warning seems completely horrid to me.  From a
logical point of view, either we think it's an error or we don't.  From
a practical point of view, warnings usually accomplish little except to
bloat log files that a human might or might not ever look at.

The real bottom line for to_char issues is almost always that we should
do what Oracle does.  Has anyone checked this behavior on Oracle?