Re: database system was interrupted sometimes untill we restart it can be used - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: database system was interrupted sometimes untill we restart it can be used
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/30/2014 1:59 AM, snowsnake wrote:
> postgresql 8.1.11

hopelessly obsolete and long out of support.      Also, note that 8.1
was updated until 8.1.23, so thats 12 bug release versions you've
missed, but 8.4 is the oldest version currently in support, and its soon
to be obsoleted.

> we found the database can't be connected at 2014/5/9 23:00 and 2014/5/10
> 17:03 which you can see from below log. We checked the CUP and memory also,
> it is normal. And the server generated many postmaster process at the
> interrupted time. Untill we restart the database, it becomes normal. So why
> this could happens?

your log shows no such evidence nor really says much of anything, other
than that you restarted postgresql at 2014-05-10 00:15:58 CST and again
at 2014-05-10 20:52:24 CST