Re: very large result sets and ResultSet.relative() to jump to a desired offset - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Matt Magoffin
Subject Re: very large result sets and ResultSet.relative() to jump to a desired offset
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> That is the sick of Java developers when dealing with databases, do take
> advantages of the RDMS engine.

That's great for Postgres-specific apps, sure. But when writing general
apps that need to work with a variety of database systems, that just makes
for more work. This kind of stuff often can/should be handled in the JDBC
driver.

I remember stumbling on a mailing list article that mentioned some work
done in a 7.5 branch to support server-side cursors with scrollable
results sets, which is the actual source of the problem here. I can't seem
to find that message now... was there some work done for this previously?
If I could see that as a starting point, I'd try to work on support for
this in the 8.3 branch code.

-- m@