Re: Server process crash - Segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Server process crash - Segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/06/2014 11:37 PM, Leif Jensen wrote:
>     Hello Adrian,
>
>     Thank you for your answer. I can post part of the code that makes these calls, but I'm not sure how much it would
help.It is rather large function that makes these calls, and it is called all over the program. The part of the log
postedis only a small excerpt of the use of the ApplDBConn_22854_f6adeb70_query, which has been used many many times
beforethe log shown (167 in all to be exact ;-) ).

Exactly. Something different happened at that point. The hard part will
determining what that is. The next step would seem to run a debugger on
the Postgres process to get more information. For a step by step guide
see here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

--
Adrian Klaver