Re: ERROR: permission denied for database control - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: permission denied for database control
Date
List pgsql-general
Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> writes:
> Suya Huang wrote:
>> --fails if try to get all db size in one sql
>> postgres=> SELECT current_date,pg_database_size(pg_database.datname) from pg_database;
>> ERROR:  permission denied for database control

> It seems like you have a database called "control" for which user "test"
> has no connect privilege.

Yeah, this failure is unsurprising.  But it looks like we forgot to
document the restriction :-(.  I see a mention of it in the 8.3 release
notes, but there's nothing in the documentation of the functions
themselves.  Will fix.

            regards, tom lane