Re: BUG #10207: Simple select query returns duplicate row - Critical issue - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: BUG #10207: Simple select query returns duplicate row - Critical issue
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 5/3/14, 1:04 PM, vetri_2020@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'd encountered an issue in select query when using order by and limit.
>
> When I sort by a column which have same values for some data,then the row
> that appears in first page also appears in next page.

This is not a bug.  The sort order of identical values is undefined
unless disambiguated by adding more sort expressions.

> And when I execute the below query, the issue occurs.

You didn't show the query you used here, but I'm assuming it had OFFSET
5 or something similar.  And yes, that's still undefined behaviour, and
not a bug.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja