Re: type cast of function arguments - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: type cast of function arguments
Date
List pgsql-novice
"A B" <gentosaker@gmail.com> writes:
> I have written this little silly function
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION recordMail(customerId_ integer, message_
> VARCHAR(240)) RETURNS void AS $$
> BEGIN
>     INSERT INTO MailRecord (custid,message) VALUES (customerId_, message_);
> END;
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

> And it is created, and then I do:

> select recordMail(10,'asd');

> and I get
> ERROR:  function recordmail(integer, "unknown") does not exist

Copying and pasting this example from your email works fine for me.
I speculate that you have a case-folding problem --- did you
double-quote the function name when creating it?

Another possibility is that you created it in some schema that's
not in your search path.

            regards, tom lane