Re: Transcoding problem with wine and unixodbc - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Transcoding problem with wine and unixodbc
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 04/30/2014 07:36 AM, Pierre Couderc wrote:
> Thank you. I comment.

> As expected by me, as pgAdminIII, psql prints correctly.

Just to be clear where are you connecting from with psql?

>> ANSI is a general term. What is important is what character
>> set(encoding) you are actually using in your application.
>>
> LATIN1 (ISO-8859-1),

Well that should work with the Unicode driver. My guess is there is some
sort of confusion of what the encoding is between the app - psqlodbc -
Postgres.

Is the database you are using only used by your application?

If it is, one possible troubleshooting method would be to set
client_encoding in postgresql.conf to latin1.  This will affect all the
clients connecting to your database, so use with care. For more
information see below:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/runtime-config-client.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CLIENT-FORMAT

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/multibyte.html#MULTIBYTE-CHARSET-SUPPORTED

--