Re: BUG #10155: BUG? Cann't remove new generated tuples after repeatable read transaction start. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #10155: BUG? Cann't remove new generated tuples after repeatable read transaction start.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 04/29/2014 02:18 AM, 德哥 wrote:
> HI,
>     This is so bad in pg_dump use, when a database so big.
>     because pg_dump is also use repeatable read isolation. and when pg_dump backup database , the database will bloat
.

Yep. One approach is to take a filesystem-level backup (ie. with
pg_start/stop_backup() or pg_basebackup), start a second server from
that backup, and run pg_dump against that.

>     Can we optimize it?

Not easily. I'd love to do something about it, but it's going to be a
long project.

- Heikki