Re: Patched odbc_dfw for PG >= 9.2 - compiles & works but has issues with NULL representation in ODBC?!? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Subject Re: Patched odbc_dfw for PG >= 9.2 - compiles & works but has issues with NULL representation in ODBC?!?
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 19.04.2014 12:44, schrieb Gunnar "Nick" Bluth:
> Heillo,
>
> after stumbling across compile errors for odbc_fdw I realised it was
> still on the 9.1. level.
>
> I've patched it, based on the tds_fdw code (so it's still read-only).
>
> It does compile, and I think it is generally sane, however I'm
> _anything but a C hacker_, so whoever feels confident enough please
> review this, or even add the write capability :)
>
> As I've been playing around with tds_fdw before and just wanted to see
> if I can get around my encoding issues with odbc_fdw, I will not be
> able to test it for a few days though.

Ok, finally got it tested against the SQL-Server (shiver). It generally
works (picks up the DSN from freetds.conf etc.), but when accessing any
remote table, I get:

     ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: "NULL"

Now, I don't want to change my INT columns to varchar and rework the
rubbish that's in there... does anybody know how to trick (unix)ODBC
into sending proper NULL values instead of a char representation?

Any hints appreciated!

Regards,

--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth
RHCE/SCLA

Mobil +49 172 8853339
Email: gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de
In 1984 mainstream users were choosing VMS over UNIX. Ten years later
they are choosing Windows over UNIX. What part of that message aren't you
getting? - Tom Payne