Re: Arduino SQL Connector - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Arduino SQL Connector
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/18/2014 06:20 AM, Steve Spence wrote:
> And that is the way I used to do it, before the Arduino MySQL connector
> came out. It was nice not to have to go though the double stepping any
> more. Hence my interest in a Arduino PostgreSQL Connector.

I think it is a interesting idea, unfortunately I do not have the
programming skills to make it happen. The primary issue to getting this
going is that the Postgres developers are already pushed to the limit on
keeping up with existing platforms. Adding a new one with such resource
constraints is not all that compelling. That being said I still believe
you could get something going via a cross community approach. In other
words post your idea on a relevant Arduino forum/list also. To make the
process smoother a written proposal/outline of what is desired would be
nice. As has been mentioned the MySQL connector you are using is a cut
down version of the full MySQL client, so what it offers could be a
starting point for what you would want in a Postgres client. To have a
home for this maybe set up a GitHub account to point people to and from
which developers could work.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com