Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: any way for a transaction to "see" inserts done earlier in the transaction?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/16/2014 05:24 PM, Susan Cassidy wrote:
> I marked it volatile, and still the next time I call the function after
> the first insert, using the previous new id as as input parameter, it
> still can't "find" the newly inserted id for the next go-round.  Nor can
> any regular SELECTs in the main program find it.

A suggestion would be to tail -f the postgres log file and see if there
is more than one connection happening when you run the program. This
assumes the database activity is quiet enough to distinguish connections.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com