Re: Remote troubleshooting session connection? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Remote troubleshooting session connection?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/4/2014 3:41 PM, Jim Garrison wrote:
> Assuming I can pause the driving Java code between queries in a job, is there any way to connect from PGAdmin (or
anothertool) and view the state of tables in the in-progress transaction?  If this is not currently possible, how
difficultwould it be to do?

very difficult, as that data only exists in the context of the socket
the JDBC connection is using.

you maybe could do that with a JDBC tool that could 'pirate' on the same
JDBC connection your app is using, obviously when its not already in a
call.    perhaps add a telnet or whatever UI to instrument your java ETL
tool to allow you to pause and run manual SQL queries on the same interface?