Re: Why is pg_restore trying to create tables in pg_catalog? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Seamus Abshere
Subject Re: Why is pg_restore trying to create tables in pg_catalog?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/4/14, 12:58 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Seamus Abshere <seamus@abshere.net> writes:
>> Why is pg_restore trying to put stuff into the pg_catalog schema of all places?
>
> Hm ... does myschema actually exist in the target database? [...] if myschema doesn't exist, the creation target
devolvesto pg_catalog.  This is not terribly elegant but I'm not sure if there's consensus to change it.

Tom,

You're right, myschema didn't exist (I thought I had created it
separately, etc.)

Perhaps it would be good to warn the user (at least in --verbose) if
it's auto-devolving to pg_catalog?

Thanks again,
Seamus

PS. Otherwise, if you google the error message, you get a whole bunch of
stackoverflow posts recommending you make your user a superuser so you
can write to pg_catalog, which probably isn't what the person wanted in
the first place.

--
Seamus Abshere, SCEA
+598 99 54 99 54