Re: Why is pg_restore trying to create tables in pg_catalog? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why is pg_restore trying to create tables in pg_catalog?
Date
List pgsql-general
Seamus Abshere <seamus@abshere.net> writes:
> On 4/4/14, 12:58 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hm ... does myschema actually exist in the target database? [...] if myschema doesn't exist, the creation target
devolvesto pg_catalog.  This is not terribly elegant but I'm not sure if there's consensus to change it.

> You're right, myschema didn't exist (I thought I had created it
> separately, etc.)

> Perhaps it would be good to warn the user (at least in --verbose) if
> it's auto-devolving to pg_catalog?

Well, the real point is we don't want it to auto-devolve to pg_catalog
in the first place.  I've restarted the discussion about this on
pgsql-hackers, we'll see if it goes anywhere this time:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/21235.1396632839@sss.pgh.pa.us

            regards, tom lane