Re: [ADMIN]openvz and shared memory trouble - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [ADMIN]openvz and shared memory trouble
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/31/2014 04:12 AM, Willy-Bas Loos wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:

> And it makes me wonder what else may be issues that arise from that. But
> especially, what i can do about it.

Had to go through it a couple of times, and look up the acronyms, but
the thread below seems to deal with the whole shared memory allocation
and setting process in openvz quite well:

http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=12061&&srch=postgresql+shared#msg_12061

In particular, where UBC is User Beancounters and the sysctls is the one
in the container.:

"UBC shmpages parameter controls all the shared memory which possible to
allocate
either via IPC or shmem (e.g. tmpfs).

sysctls above are only for IPC SYSv5 shared memory."

combine that with, where VE is Vitual Environment(container):

"check the same in VE please.
AFAICS, by default kernel sets:
#define SHMMAX 0x2000000
which is 32Mb.
So you have to increase it in VE /etc/sysctl.conf file or in /proc.
"
and there may be a path to a solution.

--
Adrian Klaver