Re: pg_Restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: pg_Restore
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday, January 21, 2013 08:40:05 PM bhanu udaya wrote:
> Hello,Thanks alot for all your replies. I tried all settings suggested, it
> did not work. pg_restore is very slow. It does not come out less than 1 1/2
> hour. Can you please let me know the procedure for Template. Will it
> restore the data also . Please update. I need the database (metadata +
> data) to be restored back after certain Java executions.  Ex:- I have 9.5
> gb database (with 500 schemas + data). This is treated as base database and
> it needs to be restored every time after certain transactions.

Don't use pg_restore, do the backups/restorations outside of PostgreSQL:

- run on a server with a snapshot-capable volume manager, use that for quick
restores
- just try using rsync from a backup copy of the base data directory

(either of the above require PostgreSQL to not be running during the
restorations)