Re: pgsql: Revert "Secure Unix-domain sockets of "make check" temporary clu - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Revert "Secure Unix-domain sockets of "make check" temporary clu
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 03/29/2014 09:32 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
>> Revert "Secure Unix-domain sockets of "make check" temporary clusters."
>> About half of the buildfarm members use too-long directory names,
>> strongly suggesting that this approach is a dead end.
> I'm confused.  I do not see a single buildfarm failure that appears
> attributable to that patch.

I too am confused.

The TestUpgrade buildfarm module contains this code (as of release 4.10,
14 months ago)

    die
    "overly long build root $buildroot will cause upgrade problems - try
    something shorter than 46 chars"
           if (length($buildroot) > 46);

Not all animals run this module, although it's recommended, but those
who do should be safe.

cheers

andrew