Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Useless "Replica Identity: NOTHING" noise from psql \d
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/27/2014 05:15 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Also, there's the vcregress.pl business.  The way it essentially
>> duplicates pg_upgrade/test.sh is rather messy; and now that
>> test_decoding also needs similar treatment, it's not looking so good.
>> Should we consider redoing that stuff in a way that allows both MSVC and
>> make-based systems to run those tests?
> I really hope test_decoding needs less scaffolding than this? There's
> much less going on in its test, right?

Yeah.

What I have done is create a quite small buildfarm module to run these
tests. See
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/commit/69c92f53bbe3748c13fa29aee0c39c8dd7210f1e>

It can be added to an existing buildfarm client installation and enabled
by adding TestDecoding to the list of modules in the buildfarm config
file. It will be included in the next release and enabled in that
release's sample config file.

See an example run at
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=crake&dt=2014-03-27%2023%3A40%3A15&stg=test-decoding-check>.

Larger questions can wait, but this makes a start on the immediate issue.

cheers

andrew