Re: 9.3 debian install setup failure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rodrigo Gonzalez
Subject Re: 9.3 debian install setup failure
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/21/2014 09:29 PM, john.tiger wrote:

> EDIT from @rodrigo
>
>   hmm, user postgres vs os postgres - okay understand what you mean but
> how is this fixed ?  or what is proper procedure ?

It depends on what you want to fix...
if you want to be able to do su - postgres change its OS password
sudo passwd postgres

or use sudo su - postgres and you just need your password (in case you
can use sudo but you can according to your original email)

About socket...

Check that it is listening on that socket

if debian is the same than ubuntu (I only have access to ubuntu right now)

grep unix_socket /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf

Of course change 9.3 with your version or jsut ls /etc/postgresql and
you will see which one you have installed there

I hope this helps

Best regards

Rodrigo Gonzalez