Re: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: BUG #9604: Unable to access table remotely
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 03/17/2014 06:38 PM, Michael.buccetti@airgas.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      9604
> Logged by:          Michael Buccetti
> Email address:      Michael.buccetti@airgas.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.0

Next week you need to upgrade to 9.1.13.  You're missing two and a half
years of bug fixes.

> Operating system:   OpenSuse
>
> We have a java web app running on Tomcat 7 that accesses data on a Postgres
> database.  For some reason, we get the following error unexpectedly, causing
> a crucial database query to fail:
>
> ERROR: could not open file "base/16397/106156081": No such file or
> directory.
>
> We installed PGAdmin on the machine and verified that the error shows up
> when querying a specific table.
>
> We are able to run the same query on various other machines without an
> issue, and sometimes it looks like the issue clears itself up, but we have
> not been able to pinpoint the fix to anything specific that we tried.
>
> Have you seen any issues like this?  We thought that maybe the installation
> of Tomcat might have corrupted something on the system that affected both
> PGAdmin and the jdbc access to the database, but uninstalling Tomcat did not
> fix the issue.

Is there any chance that that is an unlogged table and the error occurs
after a crash?

I've experienced on two separate sites an error like this on unlogged
tables after a crash, but I can't reproduce it and reading the code
seems straightforward.

--
Vik