How Do You Do a Three Way Join? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From kvnsmnsn@cs.byu.edu
Subject How Do You Do a Three Way Join?
Date
Re: How Do You Do a Three Way Join?  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-novice
<jqz j RIGHT JOIN zqj z> and a <zqj z LEFT JOIN abc a>, but is there a
way to do a three-way join to get the columns of all three tables?  Of
course I could do one of those former two joins and then join the out-
put table to the third table, but is there a way to do it without cre-
ating the intermediate table?

I tried:

     SELECT
         j.abc, j.def, z.xyz, a.ghi
       FROM
         jqz j RIGHT JOIN zqj z LEFT JOIN abc a
       ON
         j.abc = z.abc AND z.xyz = a.xyz;

but <psql> complains about a syntax error "at or near" that last semi-
colon.  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong, or what I can do to get my
desired three-way join?  Or do I have to create that intermediate ta-
ble?  Any information you can give me would be appreciated.

                                ---Kevin

"You'll never get to heaven, or even to LA,
if you don't believe there's a way."
from _Why Not_