Re: pg_dump additional options for performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump additional options for performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> While the pg_dump split train seems to be leaving the station, I feel
> compelled to point out that focus does nothing to help people who are
> bulk-loading data that came from somewhere else.

What are you imagining here ... a plain SQL script containing
database-independent INSERT commands?  That's going to suck compared
to COPY no matter what.

If you're imagining that it's at least pg_dump output that came from
someplace else, we can probably speed it up using the ideas being
kicked around here.