Re: Mysterious DB reset - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Mysterious DB reset
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/06/2014 11:09 AM, Israel Brewster wrote:
> On Mar 6, 2014, at 10:03 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>

>> Are all the scripts running from one machine?
>> If so, have you checked that the times are set correctly on the various machines?
>
> Three different machines (due to OS requirements), but yeah the times all appear to be correct.

So it appears you will have to wait to see what the logging reports.
Should have mentioned that you need to make sure you do something like
pg_ctl reload on the Postgres server to get the postgressql.conf changes
to take effect.

Another thought. Might not be bad idea to grep your scripts for ALTER,
SEQUENCE or any other relevant keywords. Just in case something slipped
in you where not aware of.

>>> Make sense? Probably not the best setup, but then that's what happens when you figure out stuff for yourself rather
thanhaving formal training :-) I'm DEFINITELY open to suggestions :-)

>> 'Makes sense' is context sensitive. It really depends on what you want to achieve. My procedure is to define the end
resultfirst and then work backwards from there.

> Good point. However, I was asking more in the general "did I explain it well enough to be understood" rather than in
the"is it a sensible setup" aspect. The rest of the sentence was just me being insecure :-D

I understood the basics of what you are doing. The details probably can
wait pending the log information. Hey, all of us are beginners/learning
in something.