Re: a problem, maybe not a bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: a problem, maybe not a bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
acvolcano <acvolcano@gmail.com> writes:
> I use the postgresql package for my embeded platform. while
> cross-compile the package, It occurs an error and I can't dispose it.

Sorry, we don't currently support cross-compilation, precisely because
the "zic" program has to be run during installation.  There has been
some discussion about how to fix that, but getting it right in every
case seems unreasonably difficult :-(.  You shouldn't have too much
trouble hacking it to work for your particular case though --- just
recompile zic using the host machine's compiler, or postpone running
the command until you're on the target.

            regards, tom lane