Re: %ENV warnings during builds - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: %ENV warnings during builds
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, July 3, 2011 8:14 am, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> It looks like pgflex.bat and pgbison.bat in the win32 build files would
> benefit from a tweak to eliminate a complaint from Perl.
>
> Perl emits the error:
>
>    Hash %ENV missing the % in argument 1 of each() at -e line 1
>
> on the lines that process buildenv.pl. This is because % in batch files
> is processed differently to on the command line. (Yes, that's stupid).
> Quoting doesn't affect this. Percent signs in batch files that are
> intended to be literals should be doubled, so %ENV should be written
> %%ENV.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/75634
>
> I. Hate. Batch. Files.

I think you've stumbled on just about all the bits of the MSVC build
system we haven't perlized. Maybe we should complete that task, and turn
clean.bat, pgbison.bat and pgflex.bat into pure one-line wrappers. (It was
done for builddoc just a few weeks ago).

cheers

andrew