Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop
Date
Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/28/2014 04:38 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Well, then we just have to add more info to --help
>> +1 for at least doing that. I found it annoying just the other day not
>> to find it in plsql's --help output, in a moment of brain fade when I
>> forgot how to spell it. So it's not just beginners who can benefit, it's
>> people like me whose memory occasionally goes awry.
> No objection in principle, but what are we talking about exactly?
> Adding some new backslash command that lists all the variables that have
> special meanings?

That's a pretty good idea, especially if we give that command a command
line option too, so something like
   psql --special-variables

would run that command and exit.

Maybe I'm over-egging the pudding a bit ;-)

cheers

andrew