Re: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/1/14, 3:22 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> In the end I went with the way I had suggested, because that's what the
> MSVC system does - it doesn't copy any other DLLs to the bin directory.
> So doing that seemed sane for backpatching, to bring the two build
> systems into sync.
>
> If you want to propose a better arrangement for the future, to include,
> say, ecpg DLLs, and including changes to the MSVC system, we can discuss
> that separately.

See attached patch.

There is also the commit fest item
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1330 that
requests the MSVC builds to install the epcg libraries in the bin directory.

Attachment