Re: jsonb and nested hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7.2.2014 00:47, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 02/05/2014 10:36 AM, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>>  Should I make new version of patch? Right now it's placed on github.
>> May be Andrew wants to change something?
>>

> Attached are updated patches.
>
> Apart from the things Teodor has fixed, this includes
>
>  * switching to using text representation in jsonb send/recv
>  * implementation of jsonb_array_elements_text that we need now we have
>    json_array_elements_text
>  * some code fixes requested in code reviews, plus some other tidying
>    and refactoring.
>
> cheers

Hi,

I'm slightly uncertain if this is the current version of the patches, or
whether I should look at
https://github.com/feodor/postgres/tree/jsonb_and_hstore which contains
slightly modified code.

Anyway, the only thing I noticed in the v10 version so far is slight
difference in naming - while we have json_to_hstore/hstore_to_json, we
have jsonb2hstore/hstore2jsonb. I propose to change this to
jsonb_to_hstore/hstore_to_jsonb.

May not be needed if the implicit casts go through.

regards
Tomas