Re: how to pass in bind variables with cursor.copy_expert? - Mailing list psycopg

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: how to pass in bind variables with cursor.copy_expert?
Date
List psycopg
On 21/02/2014 17:27, W. Matthew Wilson wrote:
> I need to extract some rows from a table as a CSV file, based on a
> query sort of like:
>
>     copy (
>         select *
>         from blah
>         where x = %(x)s
>     )
>
> but I don't see how to pass in a dictionary with values for the query!

You can use cursor.mogrify() to build the query and then pass it to
cursor.copy_export(). See the documentation for the details.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it
Di Nunzio & Di Gregorio srl                               http://dndg.it