Re: Exposing currentTransactionWALVolume - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KONDO Mitsumasa
Subject Re: Exposing currentTransactionWALVolume
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2014/02/15 23:04), Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On 2014-01-14 17:12:35 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
>>   /*
>> - *    MarkCurrentTransactionIdLoggedIfAny
>> + * ReportTransactionInsertedWAL
>>    *
>> - * Remember that the current xid - if it is assigned - now has been wal logged.
>> + * Remember that the current xid - if it is assigned - has now inserted WAL
>>    */
>>   void
>> -MarkCurrentTransactionIdLoggedIfAny(void)
>> +ReportTransactionInsertedWAL(uint32 insertedWALVolume)
>>   {
>> +    currentTransactionWALVolume += insertedWALVolume;
>>       if (TransactionIdIsValid(CurrentTransactionState->transactionId))
>>           CurrentTransactionState->didLogXid = true;
>>   }
>
> Not a big fan of combining those two. One works on the toplevel
> transaction, the other on the current subtransaction... The new name
> also ignores that it's only taking effect if there's actually a
> transaction in progress.
Oh, yes. I don't have good idea, but we need to change function name or add new
function for WAL adding volume. If it will be fixed, I set ready for commiter,
because I cannot see any bad point in this patch.

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center