Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/30/21 8:52 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 08:44:26PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Yeah, it should be validated. All things considered I think just calling
>> 'pg_config --version' is probably the simplest validation, and likely to
>> be sufficient.
>>
>> I'll try to come up with something tomorrow.
> There is already TestLib::check_pg_config().  Shouldn't you leverage
> that with PG_VERSION_NUM or equivalent?

TBH, TestLib::check_pg_config looks like a bit of a wart, and I would be
tempted to remove it. It's the only Postgres-specific thing in
TestLib.pm I think. It's only used in one place AFAICT
(src/test/ssl/t/002_scram.pl) so we could just remove it and inline the
code.

cheers

andrew

--