Re: Cstore_fdw issue. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Cstore_fdw issue.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/3/20 11:52 AM, Moses Mafusire wrote:
> I actually started the installation process as me. I was logged as user
> postgres because after trying and getting that version error message. I
> thought as user postgres I would be able to install, but failed). I get
> the same results though;

Yes, but you where doing the compile as the postgres user. That is where
the error was being shown. In order to troubleshoot this you need to
stick to consistent set of operations. Jumping around as different user
does not count:)

So:

1) Pick a user.

2) Unpack the source as that user in the users home directory. If not
already done.

3) In the unpacked source directory run:

/usr/bin/pg_config

and

/usr/pgsql-12/bin/pg_config

4) Then:

PATH=/usr/bin/:$PATH make

Preferably with the modification to the Makefile I suggested upstream.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com