Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/13/2014 05:35 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On February 12, 2014 10:23:21 PM CET, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> There are cases where one module needs symbols from another directly.
>>> Would that be affected by this?
>
>> I don't think we have real infrastructure for that yet. Neither from the POV of loading several .so's, nor from a
symbolvisibility. Afaics we'd need a working definition of PGDLLIMPORT which inverts the declspecs. I think Tom just
removedthe remnants of that.

> No, I've not touched the PGDLLIMPORT macros.  I was hoping to, but it
> looks like we're not getting there :-(

In theory we could now remove the __declspec(dllexport) case for
BUILDING_DLL, as it should now be redundant with the fixed .DEF generator.

Should.

Unfortunately it looks like there's not going to be any getting around
having something that can turn into __declspec(dllimport) in the headers
for compiling things that link to postgres.exe, though.