Re: Row-security on updatable s.b. views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Row-security on updatable s.b. views
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/11/2014 08:19 PM, Yeb Havinga wrote:
> On 2014-02-11 12:09, Craig Ringer wrote:

>> rls-9.4-upd-sb-views-v7
>>
> Hi Craig,
>
> I compared output of psql -ef of the minirim.sql script posted earlier
> in http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/52F54927.1040102@gmail.com
> between v4 and v7.
>
> Not everything is ok.

> +psql:/home/m/minirim2.sql:409: ERROR:  attribute 6 has wrong type
> +DETAIL:  Table has type tsrange, but query expects _confidentialitycode.

That's downright strange. I'll need to look into that one.

> +psql:/home/m/minirim2.sql:439: connection to server was lost

I've seen a server crash for causes as yet unknown in the main
regression tests too.

I'd love to stick with the in-optimizer approach used in v4, which -
after all - works. The trouble is that it cannot support row-security
quals that incorporate views correctly. I would have to invoke the
rewriter from the optimizer and deal with recursion detection to make
that work, and it looks pretty ugly.