Re: Typo in a comment? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Typo in a comment?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/07/2014 08:15 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
> In src/backend/storage/freespace/freespace.c,
>
>   *
>   * MaxFSMRequestSize depends on the architecture and BLCKSZ, but assuming
>   * default 8k BLCKSZ, and that MaxFSMRequestSize is 24 bytes, the categories
>   * look like this
>   *
>
> Is "24 bytes" a typo considering that
>
> #define MaxFSMRequestSize   MaxHeapTupleSize
>
> ?

Yeah. I think it's supposed to say "SizeOfPageHeaderData is 24 bytes",
which would make for a MaxFSMRequestSize of 8164 bytes, as in the
example. It'd probably be more clear to say directly "MaxFSMRequestSize
is 8164 bytes", though. I'll go fix it that way, thanks for the report!

- Heikki