Re: jsonb and nested hstore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: jsonb and nested hstore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/05/2014 02:03 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Frankly, if it were entirely up to me HSTORE2 would be part of core and
> its only interface would be JSONB.  But it's not.  So this is a compromise.

You could only do that by inventing a new type. But hstore2 isn't a new
type, it's meant to be the existing hstore type with new capabilities.

Incidentally, some work is being done by one of my colleagues on an
extension of gin/gist operators for indexing jsonb similarly to hstore2.
Now that will possibly be something we can bring into 9.4, although
we'll have to check how we go about pg_upgrade for that case.

cheers

andrew