Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/05/2014 01:41 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 02/03/2014 07:04 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
>> wrote:
>>> It's not so long ago that they were saying they would no longer publish
>>> free-as-in-beer command line compilers at all. The outrage made them
>>> change
>>> their minds, but we really can't rely on only Microsoft compilers for
>>> Windows.
>>
>> +1.
>>

> It appears that LLVM supports Windows:
>
> http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStartedVS.html

If someone wants to work on getting a Windows build working with llvm
then go for it. But until then the Mingw tools are the only thing we
have that we know works other than Microsoft tools. Having a compiler
that's alleged to work is only one step of many in getting there.

cheers

andrew