Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
Date
Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/05/2014 04:48 PM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> I have done one test where there is a large suffix match, but
> not large enough that it can compress more than 75% of string,
> the CPU overhead with wal-update-prefix-suffix-encode-1.patch is
> not much, but there is no I/O reduction as well.

Hmm, it's supposed to compress if you save at least 25%, not 75%.
Apparently I got that backwards in the patch...

- Heikki