Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2014-02-03 9:17 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I am not happy from "warnings_as_error"
>
> what about "stop_on_warning" instead?

abort_compilation_on_warning?  I think if we're not going to make it
more clear that warnings are only promoted to errors at CREATE FUNCTION
time, we can't do much better than warnings_as_errors.

> second question: should be these errors catchable or uncatchable?
>
> When I work on large project, where I had to use some error handler of
> "EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS" I found very strange and not useful so all syntax
> errors was catched by this handler. Any debugging was terribly difficult
> and I had to write plpgsql_lint as solution.

Is this really an issue considering these errors can only happen when
someone runs CREATE FUNCTION?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja