Re: Drop all overloads of a function without knowing parameter types - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Evan Martin
Subject Re: Drop all overloads of a function without knowing parameter types
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for that "oid::regprocedure" trick! A query like this is fairly
simple once you know it, but completely non-obvious when you don't.

I'm not sure what conditions others want to search on (couldn't find it
in the list archives), but "by qualified function name" seems like the
obvious one. If you don't wish to add that to the core, how about a
system function that does this and is mentioned in the documentation for
DROP FUNCTION? That way, if people have other criteria they can find the
function, look at its source and adapt it to their needs. If you don't
want to add a function, either, it would be good to at least document
this (on the DROP FUNCTION page). Something like "Note: DROP FUNCTION
does not allow you to drop a function without knowing its argument
types, but you can use the following script to drop all overloads of a
given function name..."

Regards,

Evan