Large Objects with OID > 2147483647 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Large Objects with OID > 2147483647
Date
Re: Large Objects with OID > 2147483647  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
In a posting to the newsgroup comp.databases.postgresql,
somebody has complained that he gets

 org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Bad value for type int : 2338491788.

when he tries to access a BLOB.
The problem is new for the poster, it used to work.

This looks like a bug in the driver to me:
In the driver source code, I see that the OID is treated as 'int',
which according to
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/typesValues.html
is a 4 byte signed integer, while OIDs are 4 byte unsigned integers.

So accessing Large Objects with OID > 2147483647 as BLOB will not
work, right? I think that 'long' would be more appropriate than 'int'.

Is this problem known?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe