Re: PAM auth - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: PAM auth
Date
List pgsql-hackers
satoshi nagayasu wrote:
> I'm trying to use PAM auth on PostgreSQL, but I still cannot
> get success on PAM auth (with PG813 and RHEL3).
>
> pg_hba.conf has
> > host    pamtest     all         0.0.0.0/0             pam
>
> /etc/pam.d/postgresql is
> > #%PAM-1.0
> > auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> > account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> > password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
>
> And I've changed user password with "ALTER USER ... PASSWORD".
>
> However, my postmaster always denies my login.

/etc/pam.d/system-auth probably uses pam_unix.so to authenticate.

Does the user exist on the machine and have the password you try?

You could add 'debug' to the pam_unix.so lines in /etc/pam.d/system-auth
and capture what PAM logs to syslog, maybe that will help.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe