Re: How to detect values changed in field of foreign table? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to detect values changed in field of foreign table?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 01/26/2014 04:20 PM, Bob Spero wrote:
> I have an oracle foreign table that holds arbitrary tasks, when a task
> gets updated the "time_update" field will change. I want to detect when
> the field changes so I can insert the values in a local table for
> completed tasks. Can postgresql detect changes in a foreign table so a
> trigger can be invoked? I am new to postgrwsql so any examples or
> education on what steps to take to complete tjos would be greatly
> appreciated!

Well there is a patch in the current CommitFest to add trigger support
to Foreign Tables. Assuming it gets committed it will not be available
until 9.4. Not sure how else you could accomplish what you want. More
information would be useful for those folks that might have clue.

So:

What versions of Postgres, Oracle?

What fdw are using to make the connection?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com