Re: Retrieving output bind parameters not working - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Martin J. Evans
Subject Re: Retrieving output bind parameters not working
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 29/01/2014 14:48, Andrei Gheorghe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to call a procedure that takes two OUT parameters and one IN
> parameter
> but the buffers for the two OUT parameters I've called SQLBindParameter on
> aren't filled after executing "SELECT procedure(?, ?, ?)". The procedure
> does
> return them as "(value1, value2)".
>
> Also, when I try to execute "{CALL procedure (?,?,?)}", I get an access
> violation
> in psqlodbc35w.dll.
> The code I'm trying right now was used with other ODBC drivers and it
> was working.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or does Postgres deal differently with OUT
> parameters?
>
> Thank you

I don't use the Postgres ODBC driver for real and I only hang about on
this list as I look after Perl DBD::ODBC.

In some ODBC drivers output parameters passed to procedures are only
available after SQLMoreResults returns negatively i.e., your procedure
must finish before the output bound parameters are available and
certainly in MS SQL Server unless nocount is on, any
insert/update/delete requires SQLMoreResults to be called repeatedly to
walk through the results in the procedure.

I've no idea if this is the reason for your first problem but thought it
worth mentioning.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans