Checking replication slave state - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mario Splivalo
Subject Checking replication slave state
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello.

What would be the preferred/best way to check replication state of a slave?

When I fire up slave, it can either be in 'can not connect to master'
state, it can be in 'catching up' state, or it can be in 'streaming' state.

I can check what pg_is_in_recovery() function returns, but this will
return true regardless of weather server is catching up, failing to
catch up or is in streaming replication with the master.

Is there a way, other then checking the logs, to verify that?

    Mario