Re: Add CREATE support to event triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Add CREATE support to event triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/10/14, 3:40 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Given that CREATE SCHEMA with multiple objects is less well used, its
> a reasonable restriction to accept for one release, if the alternative
> is to implement nothing at all of value. Especially since we are now
> in the third year of development of this set of features, it is time
> to reduce the scope to ensure delivery.

ISTM that since you can nest JSON then CREATE SCHEMA just needs to support providing an array of other JSON
definitions,no? And it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to code that up.

That said, if it's a choice between getting a bunch of CREATE blah support or getting nothing because of CREATE SCHEMA
withobjects then as long as we have a scheme that supports the full CREATE SCHEMA feature we shouldn't hold up just
becauseit's not coded.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net