Disallow arrays with non-standard lower bounds - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Disallow arrays with non-standard lower bounds
Date
Re: Disallow arrays with non-standard lower bounds  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: Disallow arrays with non-standard lower bounds  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
ISTM that allowing users to pick arbitrary lower array bounds was a huge mistake. I've never seen anyone make use of
it,can't think of any legitimate use cases for it, and hate the stupendous amount of extra code needed to deal with
it.

Obviously we can't just drop support, but what about an initdb (or hell, even configure) option to disallow arrays with
alower bound <> 1? Unfortunately we can't do this with a GUC since you can store arrays in a table.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net