Re: psqlodbc-09.02.0100 / ssl installation error - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: psqlodbc-09.02.0100 / ssl installation error
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 01/09/2014 02:40 AM, Bart Klein Ikink wrote:
> I have the following installation issue with psqlodbc-09.02.0100 and SSL:
>
> ./configure
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
> checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq... yes
> checking for SSL_read in -lssl... no
> configure: error: ssl library not found
>
> SSL is installed:
>
> $ which openssl
> /usr/bin/openssl
>
> $ rpm -qa openssl
> openssl-1.0.1e-16.el6_5.4.x86_64
>
> Is there a solution or a work around?

General rule, any time you are doing a configure and run into a library
not found or similar message you need to install the -devel package. In
this case probably libopenssl-devel. In package systems there is
generally a division between end user packages such as openssl and
development packages like libopenssl-devel. devel or development
packages are needed when you are compiling your own software. Part of
the ./configure process is to determine whether the development files
are present and throw an error if they are not.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com